Pasta Salad with Bacon, Peas and Tomatoes recipe


this amazing recipe I founded at http://www.culinaryhill.com and I love it.

This pasta salad is inspired by a BLT sandwich.  Instead of lettuce which would not hold up in a mayonnaise dressing, I substituted frozen peas.  Easy peasy!  Small shells are a great pasta for kids while halved grapes tomatoes look pretty and add sweetness.  I made a very simple dressing with  mayonnaise and red wine vinegar.  Last, I stirred in some crumbled bacon because of its delightful saltiness.  The bacon really brings the whole pasta salad together.

Ingredients:
1 lb. mini shells or other small pasta
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 c. mayonnaise
3 T. red wine vinegar
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
4 oz. bacon, fried, drained, and crumbled









Share on Tumblr