SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH ONIONS AND CHERRY TOMATOES recipe


This fantastic SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH ONIONS AND CHERRY TOMATOES recipe I found at http://nomnompaleo.com/ and I love it. I hope you will try it, too.Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of large frozen shrimp (21-25 per pound)
  • 1 tablespoon of Aloha Spice Volcano Grind Seasoning (or your favorite spice blend)
  • 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite fat (I used ghee)
  • Kosher salt to taste
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, washed
  • 1 lime


Directions:
  • I dumped the bag of frozen shrimp in a colander and ran cold water over them for around 5 minutes or until defrosted.
  • I dried off the shrimp with a paper towel, placed them in a bowl, and seasoned them with Volcano Grind seasoning.
  • In a large cast iron skillet, I melted 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium heat. I added the sliced onions, salt, and pepper, and sauteed until they were soft, caramelized, and translucent. 
  • Then, I threw in the cherry tomatoes and tossed them in the melted fat until they were warm. Don’t cook the tomatoes until they explode!
  • I removed the onions and tomatoes from the pan…
  • …added another tablespoon of ghee to the pan, and increased the temperature to medium high. 
  • I sauteed the shrimp in two batches for about a minute on each side.
  • When the shrimp were finished cooking…
  • …I topped them with the sauteed tomatoes, onions, and freshly squeezed lime juice.











Share on Tumblr