- One 2 lb salmon filet,
- 1 cedar plank, pre-soaked in water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat a gas grill to medium.
- Place the cedar plank on the grill grate for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine brown sugar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika and Kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Using clean hands or a spatula rub the mixture over the top of the salmon filet (the side the skin was not on)
- Place the prepared salmon onto the cedar plank, what would have been skin side down.
- Grill for 30 minutes, or until salmon turns light pink in color and is flaky.